Pier Paolo Pitacco lives and works between Paris and Milan, where he has been at the center of the most important editorial events related to the success of Italian Style.
Responsible for the artistic realization of “Uomo Vogue”, he then developed the projects of “Donna” and “Mondo Uomo” as Art Director.
He has been the Artistic Director also of “Elle Italia” from 1988 to 1999.
The insert “Io Donna” of Corriere della Sera (1996), “Cartier Art Magazine” (2003), “Vanity Fair” Italia (2003), “Elle Russia” (2008) and “Grazia France” (2010) are just some of the main projects he created and developed. He has worked, and still works, as an image consultant for major Italian and International companies, interfacing with advertising, fashion, packaging and corporate design.
He has been awarded of 32 International awards (especially in the United States of America), and of 23 awards by the Italian Art Directors Club.
In 2000 he published the book “Italian Style: Twenty years of graphic design in Italian Fashion” (Lupetti Editore) in two editions Italian and English, that explain his work from the beginning.
His works appear regularly in International specialized publications.
Passionate and lover of art, photography and music, from 2008 he began to develop artistic and design projects related to his sensitivity to graphics, color and contemporaneity.
Creative Director of the whole Mondadori France group, currently, in addition to the consultancy of his Studio “Cento per Cento”, he developed the project to relaunch Rolling Stone Italia.
• Image consultant for international high fashion and design companies, acting as their interface with advertising, fashion, packaging and corporate design.
• Photo shooting support, events and exhibitions.
• Editorial competence: conception and planning of new editorial projects, restyling of existing magazines.
• Over 40 design and fashion brands styled: Agnona, Armani, Bellora, Best Company, Byblos, Closed, Dondup, Enrico Coveri, Ermenegildo Zegna, Fay, Fiorucci, Fratelli Rossetti, Frette, Furla, Gianfranco Ferré, Gruppo Arcte, Gruppo Miroglio, Guardiani, Gucci, Iceberg, Krizia, La Perla, Laurence Steele, Loro Piana, Marzotto, Missoni, Prénatal, Stefanel, Tod’s, Valentino, Aldo Coppola, L’Orèal, Puig Parfums, Wella, Cartier, Gavello Jewelers, IWC, Montegrappa, Nouvelle Bague, Platinum Guild, Richemont Group, Alessi, Audi, B-ticino, Inter Football club, Lion Japan, Swatch, Arena.
• Collaboration with over 20 Italian and international publishing houses: Condé Nast Italia, Hachette/Hearst France, Hachette/Hearst Italia, Hachette/Hearst Russia, Hearst Bazaar USA, Rizzoli Italia, Rizzoli USA, RCS Corriere della Sera, Mondadori France, Mondadori Italia, Sportswear International, Magazine International, Il Sole 24 Ore, Skira, Gruppo De Agostini, Silvana Editoriale, Class Editori, Edizioni Ecomarket, Federico Motta Editore, Idea Books, Lupetti Editore, PRS Editori, 22 publishing, Swan Group.
• Collaboration with leader Advertising Agencies: Armando Testa, DDBI, Leo Burnett, Mc Cann EricKson, Red Cell, Saatchi & Saatchi, Walter & Thompson, Young & Rubicam.
• Former teacher at Politecnico di Milano, Fashion Department.
• 34 Italian and international awards and acknowledgements (mainly in the United States).
• Over 20 art and photography exhibitions have hosted his art projects in the last 10 years.
• Professional biography “Stile Italiano: Twenty years’ graphic design in Italian Fashion”, Italian and Englisheditions, published in year 2000.
• Professional knowledge of English and French, mothertongue Italian.